The North Harris County Regional Water Authority has immediately terminated implementation of mandatory Stage 2 of its’ Drought Contingency Plan (DCP), due to reduced demand and therefore, HCWCID 136 has as well. Please keep in mind that implementation of voluntary Stage 1 of the DCP remains in effect. For more information on the DCP, you may find it here: Drought Contingency Plan (PDF)
All District customers are required to implement limited outdoor irrigation use to no more than 2 days per week between 7:00 p.m and 5:00 a.m in conformity with the following schedule (no watering on Mondays) effective August 27, 2023:
- Sundays and Thursdays for single‐family residential customers with even numbered street addresses
- Saturdays and Wednesdays for single‐family residential customers with odd numbered street addresses; and
- Tuesdays and Fridays for all other customers
Compliance with the above requirements is mandatory. If you have any questions about this message, please contact our office at (281) 353-9809.
H2O Innovation staff will be mobilized and standing by to deal with water main breaks and water plant issues. If you experience a pipe freeze on your side of your water meter outside your home, H20 can only turn your water off at the meter. If you have a pipe broken inside your home, you can isolate your private cut off usually located on the side of your home below your water spigot. Or inside the garage. It’s a good idea to have the names of a couple of plumbers should you need them. As H2O does not repair homeowner private water lines.
Freeze Preparation Tips
1. Wrap outdoor and garage pipes.
2. Remove water hoses and wrap water spigot.
3. Drain and turn off sprinklers system.
4. Turn off water to your washer if in garage.
5. If you leave your house before a freeze, turn off the water at your private cut off valve and leave your heat on.
Protect your pipes when it freezes
1. Open cabinets under sinks to let your house’s heat warm the pipes.
2. If your pipes freeze, turn off the water at your private cut off valve. This prevents broken pipes from leaking into house after they thaw.
3. Let faucets drip from the cold and hot taps or run water through your indoor faucets before you go to sleep.
***Check your Insurance coverage. Flood insurance does not pay for damaged caused by freeze.
There will be no trash service on Thanksgiving, November 25, 2021, and service will resume on Monday, November 29, 2021.